The 7th National Community Health Nurses Conference will be held in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Join us for an exceptional education program and take an opportunity explore the Okanagan Valley region!
Conference Facebook Page
About the Conference
The Conference goal is to exchange knowledge to achieve excellence in community health nursing(CHN) to optimize health.
Participant Outcome Objectives:
1. Strengthen evidence informed decision making
2. Identify research questions, connections and research opportunities in Community Health Nursing (CHN)
3. Increase integrated knowledge translation to shape change in practice, policy, education, and administration
4. Expand strategies to influence the health care system and build collaborative partnerships
5. Become familiar with the CHNC Blueprint for Action in Canada
Breakout Session Formats
Oral presentation –Oral presentations of 25 minutes including time for Q & A.
Networking café -One topic is discussed for the duration of the 50 minute session. A facilitator guide the group in the discussion. Typically the facilitator provides an overview, key points/perspectives then leads full room discussion or small group discussions at the tables. Sometimes the participants move to cross pollinate discussion. Outcome of the discussions are typically summarized in the large group to support action for the future.
PechaKucha Presentations –PechaKucha presenters will present 20 slides for 20 seconds each. Presentations will be 9 minutes inclusive of question period.http://www.pecha-kucha.org/
Digital Poster presentations -Posters will be displayed digitally at various locations at the conference meeting area.
Talking Poster presentations -Talking poster presenters will present information from their poster during a break out session. Presentations will be 9 minutes inclusive of question period. Posters will also be displayed digitally at the conference meeting area.
Your local hospitality committee have planned some exciting activities to help you facilitate networking and explore the local area.See the list of their top favorite activities to do in Kelownaor visithttp://www.tourismkelowna.com/do/for more ideas.
• Sunday's welcome reception features a Beach Party Theme
• Tuesday is a free evening for you to explore all that Kelowna has to offer. Visit the registration desk for ideas on nearby activities and to connect with others who might like to join you.
• Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, get up early and join us for a Yoga session
• Arriving early? Join fellow participants for a specially designed tour...
Pre-conference Option: Winery and Okanagan Region Tour
Sunday, June 16th 1pm - 4pm
This is your day to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Uncorked Wine Tours will take you on a unique tour including Canada’s most visited winery. You will taste internationally acclaimed sparkling wine, crisp, ‘fruit forward’ whites and full bodied reds. From beginning to end you will be entertained with stories and folklore about our bountiful valley, Lake Okanagan history and our illustrious Ogopogo ~ we’ll make you a believer! Combine scenic beauty with delicious wine and the senses will soar! Cost: $75 per person +HST